Dental Implants from the Dentists at Hunter’s Creek Dental
When you need a dental implant dentist in the Orlando, FL area you can rely on, call the team at Hunter’s Creek Dental Center for comprehensive solutions. Your smile is one of your defining features, and your oral health should only be trusted to an upstanding dental practice. For over 30 years, patients have trusted Dr. Khan with their dental implants, as our professionals go above and beyond to provide patients with an exceptional dental experience every time they step foot in our office. Not only do we offer full arch dental implants using All-on-4 implants, but we also offer sedation dentistry options to patients who suffer from dental treatment anxiety. No matter what your dental needs revolve around, our friendly and innovative staff is ready to assist you.
Why Would Someone Need Dental Implants?
If you are missing teeth, dental implants may be the right solution for regaining a strong, beautiful, and healthy smile for many years to come. Whether you have one missing tooth, or you have no natural teeth left, dental implants can provide you with a functional, great-looking smile to protect the health of your gums and jawbone. Losing teeth to decay, injuries, and gum disease is not uncommon. Still, it is imperative to replace missing teeth sooner rather than later to avoid serious dental health problems down the road, such as bone and gum recession. At Hunter’s Creek Dental Center, you can explore whether dental implants are the right choice for you as you enjoy the comfort of our family dental practice.
How Do Dental Implants Work?
Unlike other dental restorations such as bridges and dentures, dental implants replace the root of the tooth with a biocompatible titanium implant that bonds to the jawbone. This implant offers the benefit of stability and durability for a crown placed on the surface that functions and looks just like a person’s natural teeth. However, there is a more extended treatment timeline attached to dental implants. This is because an implant needs to fully heal before a permanent dental crown can be fitted on top of the implant post. In the meantime, a temporary crown will be put in place, so you can go about your daily routine as usual.
Do I Qualify for Dental Implants?
Dental implants are ideal for patients who have good gum health and minimal bone loss in the jawbone. When it comes to dental implants, a patient must have enough bone to hold the implants in place securely. If there is not enough bone for the implant to bond to, grafting surgery may take place before the implant procedure. Also, patients wishing to receive dental implants must be committed to good oral hygiene, as well as routine dental visits. Patients who smoke, have undergone radiation therapy in the head or neck, and those with chronic disorders such as heart disease and diabetes, will need to be evaluated on an individual basis. If you think dental implants are the right choice for you, be sure to reach out to a qualified dentist at our Orlando dental office.
Missing teeth can cause many other dental problems, including shifting of neighboring teeth as well as a loss of bone mass in the jaw. For this reason, it's important to fill the gap caused by a missing tooth as soon as possible. Hunter’s Creek Dental provides two solutions for your missing tooth problem. Depending on the severity of the case and the number of teeth you have lost, our team will help you choose the correct option to meet your needs. Our teeth replacement options include:
- Single-tooth implant – Dental implants may replace single teeth with one crown placed on top of one implant post. This may be the right choice for teeth lost through injuries or extraction due to extensive decay.
- Full arch dental implants – If you are missing most or all your teeth, All-on-4 dental implants can be a suitable alternative to full dentures. All-on-4's offer minimal maintenance and upkeep. These implants use four posts on the upper jaw and four posts on the lower jaw to hold a complete arch of the artificial teeth in place.
Utilizing Full Arch Dental Implants to Replace Missing Teeth
At Hunter's Creek Dental Center, our dentist, Dr. Khan, uses All-on-4® full arch dental implants to replace missing teeth. If a person is a candidate for dental implants, we will permanently replace all their teeth on a single arch, using eight replacement posts total for both the upper and lower arch. While some dentists can use more or fewer posts, our experienced dentist believes utilizing four posts on each arch are the best amount to use, because each post can successfully support the weight of the dental implants. The All-on-4® method uses 3-D scanning to locate existing bone structures so our dentist can place implants in the correct places. This particular dental implant method differs from other implant methods because it offers:
- Stability even with minimal bone volume
- Great clinical results
- Prosthetic flexibility
- Increased efficiency
Why Choose All-on-4® to Replace Your Missing Teeth?
Perhaps the most compelling reason for selecting the All-on-4® full arch dental implants procedure to replace your missing teeth is because it restores your natural bite function and smile appeal. Your new prosthesis allows you to talk, bite, and chew flawlessly – as though you never lost your teeth in the first place! Modern dentistry has provided this favorable solution to patients who have no teeth. For many people, traditional dentures have never been able to deliver immediate functionality. Though dentures are a great solution, many of our denture-wearing patients often express to us that they deal with discomfort, slurred speech, and the inability to enjoy eating what they want. The All-on-4® procedure provides a favorable, permanent outcome using a prosthesis held solidly in place by four dental implants. All-on-4® not only provides the comfort and security a patient is likely to be missing with removable dentures but also importantly preserves necessary bone in the jaw.
Am I A Good Candidate for Full Arch Dental Implants?
During your initial consultation, Dr. Khan will assess your situation thoroughly. He will examine the state of your remaining teeth, gums, and jaw bone to determine whether or not you are a viable candidate for the All-on-4® procedure. If for some reason, our dentist determines that this procedure is not for you, he will discuss the available alternatives with you at that time. And better yet, even those patients who have been told they are not dental implant candidates due to bone loss and gum disease are now able to restore their smiles through this new technique. All denture patients with failing crown and bridgework and even those with severe bone loss from periodontal disease now have the option to get their smile back!
The Many Advantages of Dental Implants
There are many advantages to dental implants, including:
- Improved appearance – Dental implants look and feel almost exactly like your teeth, and since this dental solution is designed to fuse with bone, they become permanent.
- Improved oral health – Unlike a tooth-supported bridge, dental implants do not require reducing other teeth. Since nearby teeth do not need to be altered to support the implant, more of your teeth are left intact, improving long-term oral health. Additionally, individual implants allow easier access between teeth, improving the effectiveness of oral hygiene practices for patients.
- Increased durability – Dental implants are made from very durable titanium posts and will last many years with proper care. Implants are renowned for being a long-lasting solution for tooth replacement and can even last a lifetime if properly maintained.
- Improved comfort – Since dental implants become part of you once fused with your jaw, they eliminate the discomfort often associated with removable dentures.
- Improved speech – With poor-fitting dentures, the teeth can slip around within the mouth, causing you to mumble or slur your words accidentally. Dental implants allow you to speak without the worry of your teeth slipping, or your speech becoming impaired.
- Easier eating – Since many dentures are held in with adhesive, they can slide around within the mouth, making chewing difficult. Since dental implants function like your teeth, they will allow you to eat your favorite foods with confidence, and without any sort of discomfort.
- Improved self-esteem – Dental implants can not only give you back your smile, but they also work to enhance your confidence and overall health significantly. A real looking, properly fitted, and comfortable dental implant will improve your self-esteem in no time!
- More convenient – Dental implants eliminate the inconvenient and often embarrassing task of removing dentures. Additionally, unlike full dentures, implants do not call for any messy adhesives to keep them in place.
Contact Us Today for Your Free Dental Implant Consultation!
If you are interested in receiving dental implants near Orlando, FL, visit Hunter's Creek Dental Center today. Our staff will set up a consultation appointment to see if you qualify. We have invested in the most advanced imaging and surgical technologies to minimize complications and ensure exceptional results for every implant procedure in our office. As a family-owned practice, Drs. Mohammed Khan and Amber Khan take great pride in having the privilege to care for you and your family's smiles. Contact us today for more information regarding dental implants.